Sunday, March 26, 2017

Tasting - Barao de Figueira

Tasting: 3/23/17

Name: Barao de Figueria

Variety: 100% Siria

Region/Country: Doc Beira Interior, Portugal

Year: 2014

Winery Review: I found this a pleasant white, with flavors of yellow and white melon / pear, with a little green melon and minerality on the finish.  The fruit is soft and slightly creamy, with a nice fruit / acid balance.  Similar to the red, I’m not totally wowed by it, but it is quite pleasant and tasty wine for the price, and an interesting new varietal to me.  If I had tasted this blind, my best guess would have been that it’s a Grenache Blanc. (site)


My Review: Hints of pear, apple, and honey. Acidic around the tongue with an almost refreshing taste. Well structured with a nice minreally feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment